Everyone, whether you are an independent professional, business owner, or entreprenuer, should have the following in your social media portfolio:I was wondering if companies are already doing this. Does anybody know?
- Complete profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other social networks relevant to your expertise.
- A blog written with authenticity and expertise.
- An about page on your blog that gives the reader a sense about who you are.
- Comments on other blogs within your expertise that are thoughtful, professional and add value to the blog.
- Put presentations you’ve given up on SlideShare and link to them from your About page. If you have a recording of the presentation, you can sync the audio with the slides.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Nice post on 'the new resume' or 'do we still need a resume?' by Debra Murphey on Social Media Today Most companies still request a resume. This post states old resume's make you "ordinary". So, what isn't ordinary?