Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Social Media and PLM: Not Much Love?

Currently I'm in a big project to improve the way we organize product development and manage product and project information. In short, this can be called 'Product Lifecyle Management' (PLM).

I haven't been following too many experts in this area. So, I've been looking around and started following some of them. The interesting thing is though: not many people in this area are twittering and blogging... I've run into this before: although blogging and twittering can be used by all disciplines, in some areas it just seems to fit better.

But anyway, I did run into a person who I find has very interesting thoughts about PLM. It's Oleg Shilovitsky. His blog is 'Daily PLM Think Tank Blog' and he tweets as @olegshilovitsky. Although I can hardly keep up with his posts ;-) I like the way he approaches this area. He's not your regular 'put-everything-in-SAP' guy. He also thinks about relating traditional PLM systems with social media, which is very interesting and necessary. As you know I've been posting about this topic as well.

If You Read This and Like It, Tweet This to your Followers:

Social Media and PLM: Not Much Love? http://twurl.nl/om42cm


Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Just log in using one of the formats and if you want me to get back to you. Otherwise comment anonymously.