Defining information architecture (2)

Some time ago I posted on definitions of information architecture. Gartner sees information architecture as part of, what they call, Enterprise Architecture. So, within the Enterprise Architecture (which basically comprises the whole company) there's an information architecture, with an information architect. The picture describes his/her roles. Gartner distinguishes between three levels of architects. It's not clear to me why that make this distinction and call all of them information architects. I would call the first (left) one an information architect. The second (middle) one I would join with the first. The third (right) is the information management department employee to me.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Just log in using one of the formats and if you want me to get back to you. Otherwise comment anonymously.

Popular posts

Keep the Intranet Small

Enterprise 2.0 Research

Innovation in Turbulent Times