1st Blogging Anniversary!

Wow, today's my first blogging Anniversary! I actually started out just wanting to try blogging and see if it work for me. Is blogging useful? Does it get me anything? Will I be able to write posts in my spare minutes/hours? Will I only be writing for myself or will others also like what I write?

Well, in short: blogging is cool and exciting. I started out writing a blog post once every week, but got up to speed, writing a post practically every (work) day. That ended up in writing about 180+ posts in the previous year. Blogging really helps me structure my thoughts on all the stuff I run into (on the Web). It helps me bundle links and thoughts on a certain topic.
Several times I also used posts to pass on my thoughts to other people, that didn't read my blog regularly.
I think my blog is pretty focused. I don't write on personal stuff or politics, for instance. I don't intend to either. I plan to keep on posting on work-related topics.
I'm really thrilled that about 40 people subscribed to my blog. I know about 5 of them personally, the rest are unknown to me (- sure would like to know who they are). I started out blogging just for myself. And thought: if anyone wants to read what I think, Go ahead! But, to be honest, I was very excited about the first comments on some of my blog posts. It's a wonderful experience to know that people are reading your posts and thinking about them, and even take the time to write back.

I have two 'live blogging' experiences. This is really good for your subscriptions. I had about 60 subscribers while live blogging. In de previous year I also started an internal blog (actually the first...). Another colleague also just started. Hopefully this will pick up some speed soon.

As for this blog: I'm definitely going to continue blogging!

Comments

  1. Hi Samuel,

    Congratulations, keep blogging.Now that I have a bit more time, I think your story convinced me to start blogging soon.

    kind regards,

    Jan van Veen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Just log in using one of the formats and if you want me to get back to you. Otherwise comment anonymously.

Popular posts

Keep the Intranet Small

Enterprise 2.0 Research

Innovation in Turbulent Times