Google's Information Policy

I've heard this before and read it again yesterday in a Dutch newspaper, 'De Volkskrant'. It was mentioned in an article about Google Zürich. It was about all the good things working for Google brings to you as an employee. And in a short sentence something was said about 'information management' at Google. And who gets access to what information. It said (my translation from Dutch to English):
And all information is shared with everyone. "When I started here, I was surprised I got access to all the software code, every blueprint and all confidential documents."
This is a very simple policy statement. Of course financial data is not open to all. But I'm wondering if this really applies to all Google employees. Does Sales really have access to R&D information, for instance? Anyway, I really like the idea, because it really promotes openness and transparency in the organization.

Post to Del.icio.us / Furl It

Comments

Popular posts

Keep the Intranet Small

Enterprise 2.0 Research

Innovation in Turbulent Times