Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Future of Communication

Jeremiah Owyang and Robert Scoble set up a wiki to quickly collect ideas people have on the future of communication. Take a look at his post (and the wiki) to see how much input he got and how quickly! Really cool idea.

For some reason I was too slow to participate... I love all the ideas people have about the future of communications. For me the future (hopefully) of communication will be about ‘context’. I think this is a much overlooked topic. In digital communication and information systems we often think information is context-less. It doesn't have a body, so to speak. But it is not true. Refer to this post for proof. Social media is contributing to this context and hopefully it will bring in more in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Just log in using one of the formats and if you want me to get back to you. Otherwise comment anonymously.