Slides on Technology/Internet Trends
At the Web 2.0 Summit, on October 18, 2007 Mary Meeker (from Morgan Stanley Global Technology Team) gave their yearly presentation on ‘Technology/Internet Trends’. This presentation is packed with interesting data, analysis, etc. You can find a post on this presentation and the slide at ReadWriteWeb.
Some of my highlights from the presentation:
Sheet 3: 3 Decades of Tech - Now = 2 Cycles
We’ve moved from Desktop > LAN > Internet > Cloud (broadband + wireless).
Sheet 6: Consumer Demand for New Internet-Enabled Services/Products is Strong
- Technology is evolving faster than most enterprises’ ability to deploy new products/services.
Sheet 12: Web 2.0 Driving
- Next wave of corporate productivity gains should be paced by Web 2.0 driven collaboration tools that use the network as the platform to enable users to connect ‘any device to any content over any combination of networks’ (John Chambers, CEO, Cisco Systems, 5/22/2007)
Sheet 17: Internet trends
- Ongoing share gains to online from offline - large markets to tap
- High level Web 2.0 trends are compelling
Web 2.0 metrics are strong. Compared to 2005, social networking is really climbing the ranks.
2% of Public Tech Companies Create 100% of Wealth
Sheet 41 Summary:
- Personalization continues to ramp - Google/Amazon.com/Facebook…
- Emerging markets (especially
Sheet 44 2006 TMT (Technology, Media & Telecommunications) Update
They ranked the market sizing of global TMT products and services. The